*** DWD Staff, BITS Contractors, and Non-DWD Staff who have a DWD Logon Account should take the Security Awareness training found on the internal Workweb site under the Applications tab. ***
- You are about to view a PUBLIC version of training that has been developed specifically for staff and contractors of the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development. Therefore, some of the policies and procedures referenced may not apply to you. You are responsible for understanding and abiding by the information technology policies for your agency or company. If you have questions or need to report a security problem, please contact the appropriate person in your agency - your supervisor, a security officer, or an IT person.
- In our increasingly inter-connected society, each of us has a responsibility for understanding the potential dangers in cyberspace and our role in protecting it. This relates to all computer use - personal and business. At DWD, computer systems contain highly confidential and confidential information. The citizens of Wisconsin trust us to protect this information. Our federal oversight agencies demand that we protect it.
- The objective of DWD computer security training is to raise awareness of potential dangers and the ways to avoid them. The first course provides basic information. The follow-up course enhances the base course to raise awareness of new and emerging threats and the best ways to deal with them.
- Users should expect to spend 45 minutes or less to complete the Basic course and
15 minutes or less to complete the Refresher course. If necessary, users should
take more time to establish a better understanding about computer security.
- This training is required for all DWD staff and contractors. Please complete this training by reading the modules and taking the quizzes. You can complete this training while in work status. Please request supervisory approval in advance for the time you plan to participate in this training.
- As part of training, all staff and contractors will review and agree to follow
DWD IT Policies.
- You can choose to print a certificate of completion after you complete each course.
- You may take the modules all at once, or at different times, and you may repeat modules if necessary until you complete the training.
- If you have technical problems with the course contact the
- For additional information about this training contact the
After you have read the information above you can continue on to the training by clicking the START button.